January Comic Discussion Thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: January Comic Discussion Thread

Postby Chuckles » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Here's a few of thoughts.

What if AstroNerd was the last living Belstein? . . . Okay, the story isn't going that way, but still, just the thought. . . .

It would seem before that a Belstein would only encounter the samurai demon. Now the samurai demon rides a dragon, and a dragon that shoots lasers. I'd have to wonder, if AstroNerd couldn't get the drop on the demon and his dragon wielding a gun, how is a Belstein going to get close enough to lash the demon with the sword? Sounds crispy time, part two to me.

As for :kingrad and Archibald, :kingrad has the Ipotnek book. He should be able to create an army of :clango to take out Archibald and his mummy. After all, a mummy could curse a human, but what's a mummy going to do against a magical robot?
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby Sparklelord » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:35 pm

CheeseWhisper wrote:So wait, a mummy can grant immortality? That seems a little over the top, even for DocComics.

I think that he's bluffing. He knows (or at least thinks he knows*) that Rad sent a ninja assassin to kill him, so he is pretending that he's immortal to forestall any future attempts.

But yeah, I'm sure Doc is enjoying this. I do see Archibald's point about the danger of killing all your factory workers -- but wouldn't King Rad have some sort of contingency plan for that?

Yep. In the event of massive explosions occurring, all employees are to board the go-carts and drive at 120 miles per hour off the elevated conveyor belt, probably with some sort of musical accompaniment. The explosion will throw them clear of any destruction. It would look awesome, the employees would have the time of their lives, it would be good publicity, and it would allow :kingrad to rebuild the factory in a new radical architectural style. Everyone wins!

His vision of radicality does not include killing people. Archibald is right about the threats, though.

I'm so conflicted about how I want this to work out... but I'm pretty sure Archibald will get on my nerves before long.

*I personally think that Rad didn't send Mitzi, because he would probably go himself, like he always did with Goodrich. He's a more "hands-on, DIY" type.
Sparklelord
Red Cross Vampire

Postby CheeseWhisper » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeah, I was wondering about the whole purpose of Mitzi's visit. I think we don't know everything.

Also, if Astronerd were a Belstein, you'd think he would have displayed more knowledge of the demon-dude before getting blasted into oblivion.

I fully support your radical evacuation plan.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Ninja

Postby Icalasari » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:18 pm

I like King Hobo. He's able to reign in King Radical
Icalasari
Temple Guard

Postby Seamus O'Seamus » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I also like Archibald. I don't know if it's because of his character or just because I really wanted the shirt.

Also, Icalasari, I feel dumb for not recognizing you on HH before right now.
Remember our bargain, wizard.

Seamus O'Seamus
You!
Doctor

Postby mikekearn » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:45 am

Hmm, I had not foreseen the return of the McNinja Burger. I guess that's one of the big consequences of Doc continued his faked death.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Chuckles » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:53 am

Chuckles wrote:That observation creates some tension as to how this story will end.

Let's take a look at Doc's to-do list so far:

1. He needs to take out the rollerblade hunting club. . . . ;)

2. He needs to find a Belstein and the Belstein sword, and hopefully the former knows how to use the latter. . . .

3. He needs to banish a demon AND its flying, laser-nosed billy goat.

4. He needs to cure his Mom.

5. He needs to banish McLuchador again. He needs to banish a lot of people this time around, eh? . . .

6. He needs to cure Spider-Butt.

7. Does he help re-institute Chuck Goodrich as mayor again, or does he allow Archibald, King of the Hobos to be mayor and antagonize King Rad?

And now we add. . . .

8. Cancel the return of the McNinja Burger.

Doc's to-do list is sure getting long. I wonder how long it will take him to set all of this right?

Noticed that the company is now spelled "McBonald's"?

I wonder if King Rad won't try to locate Doc?
Chuckles
Witch Gorilla

Postby cybermagi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

Uh oh I detect a turf war between Rad and the Clown.
"Yes I am a wizard, before you might ask."
cybermagi
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Sparklelord » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:54 pm

My reaction was pretty much what KR said. "Whaaaaat."

Also Herschel's face. I half expected him to break into a song-and-dance number about thinking positive.
Sparklelord
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Stray Cat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:56 pm

Rad has a little friend named Herschel? The treats just keep coming.
Stray Cat
Tricky Lobster Person

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)