DrMcForum Christmas Colouring Competition! (...sort of)

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

DrMcForum Christmas Colouring Competition! (...sort of)

Postby Owen » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Happy holidays, one and all! I hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving all ate far too much. But stop being thankful! It's time to start thinking about Christmas, if that's your thing. Or Hannukah. Winterval? I digress.

The point is, some of you may have noticed our lovely set of banners, provided by our own forum members as well as by the awesome Nedroid and Kent Archer. They're in a random rotation, and come Christmas we usually put up something a little more... seasonal.

So if anybody feels like making a McNinja themed Christmas banner, all you have to do is post a picture in this thread and as it gets closer to Christmas I'll start putting them up at the top of the site :D

It's not really a competition, because the only prize is getting your banner permanently in the Christmas rotation. But if you fancy having a go, it's a bit of fun and a great way to leave your mark around here - I know we have a lot of new and some regular members in the comic threads and if anybody wants to join in we'd love to hear from you.

I've seen what some of you can do in the art threads, or in the previous banners, and I know you're pretty awesome, I know that for a fact, but even if you've never posted something like that before, why not give it a go?

Entries can be hand drawn, made from comic pages, or made from macaroni and glue and then photographed - we're not picky. Nothing offensive, though, please ;)

Absolute max size is 898 x 250px but I'd say stick to around 898 x 129 as a "guideline" maximum, as we found the full thing to be a little large in the past.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Re: DrMcForum Christmas Colouring Competition! (...sort of)

Postby mikekearn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 am

I honestly forgot we had rotating banners. I set the option a long while back that left the one we chipped in to get as permanent, and then forgot about it. I think I'll go change the option back to enjoy the holidays! :)
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:43 am

I wish I had time to contribute again. Alas, real life is a huge time suck.
I for one welcome our new computer overlords
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

Location: Amongst the thousands upon thousands of servers that are the entity that is my savior that is Google

Postby Sparklelord » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:08 pm

I would, but the best I could do would be to MSPaint some santa hats onto everyone. So no dice. :cry:
Sparklelord
Red Cross Vampire

Postby Owen » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:55 pm

Sparklelord wrote:
Unread postby Sparklelord » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 pm
I would, but the best I could do would be to MSPaint some santa hats onto everyone. So no dice. :cry:

Haha, I understand. Still - that's about my level, and I've got one in there somewhere :P
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)