May Comic Discussion

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: May Comic Disucssion

Postby Owen » Mon May 30, 2011 7:09 pm

It's up! And I think Steneub deserves some sort of prize. Seriously, someone tell Dr Hastings.
Oh, and Eli too, since I seem to recall his explanation being similar, though it is now lost in the mists of Google Wave.

Fun fact: those are just the ones that are relevant to today's comic. You guys are awesome.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon May 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Good exposition (though I may have to take that offer to make up my own time travel rules) -- and wow, you and Carly made some awesome. Funny how you used one decent and two rather lame strips to get there :)
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Gunslinger

Postby youpeople » Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 pm

So r they go in to have to eventually save every alternate universe that was created or do they not care about those.
youpeople
Lumberjack

Postby Steneub » Mon May 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Yes.

First, you created Dr. McNinja.
Then you sketch a swearing Mario in the front of the Night Powers comic for my friend.
And now you've confirmed my McNinja-Multiverse theory.

Hastings: I love you.
THE GREATEST SNACK OF ALL IS BITE SIZED TWIX AND I WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANOTHER FOOD BEFORE IT IF GIVEN THE OPTION
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby Drahken » Mon May 30, 2011 10:12 pm

Maybe it would have been easier for everyone to understand if it had been drawn out on a chalkboard. By Doc Brown.
Drahken
Temple Guard

Postby CheeseWhisper » Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Well, the multiverse theory was first explained by Chuck several weeks ago; it's hardly new.

My biggest "what the" comes from the fact that old-Chuck knows what happened in the other universes. It seems like he should never meet those guys since his new universe was in the zombies-averted timeline.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Gunslinger

Postby youpeople » Tue May 31, 2011 2:29 am

Well, Mcninja wasn't talking to that Chuck, because you can't talk to verbs. What happened was, Chuck went back in time creating a parallel universe end in that timeline he stopped the zombie invasion. But then the new Chuck had to stop a different disaster and so he went back in time creating ANOTHER alternate universe with a copy of the Chuck who had memories of having gone back in time to stop a zombie invasion, and this new Chuck talked to the alternate universe copy of the original chuck about the disaster HE had gone through and Chuck helped stop it. Then another new Chuck faced a new disaster, went back in time, talked to the copy of the alternate alternate universe copy of the alternate universe copy of the original chuck, and it kept on going until a new Chuck had to stop a dinosaur invasion. He went back in time and created yet another alternate universe copy of the alternate universe chuck with the memories of having helped all previous Chucks.

This is still one of the simpler ways of dealing with time travel though.
youpeople
Lumberjack

Postby Chuckles » Tue May 31, 2011 5:25 am

Aren't we dealing with a lot more than just 5 earths under this scenario?

I mean, a new parallel universe was created every time Chuck Goodrich went back in time, so however many times Goodrich went back, he created a new parallel universe.

And then there's all the time travelers. Every time they would go back in time, they would create a new parallel universe, right?

However, there's one person who went back in time and didn't create a new parallel universe - King Radical.

He went back to stop what happened and lived through it twice, and to cinch it, Dr. McNinja and the Chuck Goodrich of the sentient dinosaurs wound up in this very same parallel universe. I mean, if King Radical went back in time and created a new parallel universe, the good Doc and Chuck would not have wound up in that parallel universe when they came back into the timestream, right? So they would never meet the super old King Radical, right?

So am I missing something, or is King Radical holding out again?

If so, I am keenly interested in what exactly is King Radical up to with all of this.
Chuckles
Robot Bear

Postby mikekearn » Tue May 31, 2011 7:55 am

I think the key point is that you can't change the future by going into the past - if you go into the past without changing anything, you would stay in the same timeline. Now that doesn't jive with King Radical's appearance, unless each time his changes ultimately failed to change anything at all, leaving them with a "close-enough" universe which is technically separate but seems the same in all ways that matter. That's how it seems to me, anyway. What I'm really interested in is Earth 4, with this trash-based economy and superweapon.

Also I just noticed that "Discussion" is misspelled in the thread title and now it's bugging the hell out of me.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Re: May Comic Discussion

Postby Owen » Tue May 31, 2011 8:38 am

I wasn't sure whether it was worth abusing my admin powers to fix that :P

So I went back and fixed it in the first post, but it turns out that doesn't fix all the others after it. I guess you can be happy that it's so close to the end of this disucssion thread anyway?
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)