February Discussion

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: February Discussion

Postby Chuckles » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:46 am

Oh, come on, guys. Read Chuck's faded balloons throughout the page up until the point he comes into Doc's "reality". He says that Doc ripped a hole in time. I'm guessing that means this didn't happen in Doc's childhood at least until now, and it may not have really happened in Doc's childhood at all.

My only question is, how did Doc tear a hole into time?
Last edited by Chuckles on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuckles
Robot Bear

Postby Chuckles » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:46 am

. . . okay, I have a second question. Considering ninjas don't like someone sneaking up behind them and grabbing their shoulder, how badly will Doc beat up Chuck? . . .
Chuckles
Robot Bear

Postby mikekearn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 am

Well I totally called that one, but it was fairly obvious. I figure the events at the end of the last issue probably caused (at least part of) the problem. Chuck tore open his suit to presumably access his time travel device, so perhaps from wherever they ended up, (a) Chuck went back in time again to this point to warn Doc of what is going to happen. Since there is clearly some unstable time wormhole stuff going on, and Doc already saw his younger self, that could make this one of those "significant events" that you can more easily time travel to.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby LaughingTarget » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:18 pm

Sweet, we may be getting a bootstrap paradox as well. I bet Doc decided on his name when he saw that future event.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Steneub » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:25 pm

There is no bootstrapping if a multiverse is in place. More like time-stream contamination. But can it be contamination if it was always meant to occur (Novikov self-consistency principle)?
THE GREATEST SNACK OF ALL IS BITE SIZED TWIX AND I WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANOTHER FOOD BEFORE IT IF GIVEN THE OPTION
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby LaughingTarget » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

It's still a bootstrap even if it is a multiverse. If Doc picks his name because Chuck told it to him, who only knew it because Doc told it to him, even if each successive time travel creates a new multiverse, it doesn't explain the origins of his name. Unless, of course, some original Doc started off the whole multiverse mess and all subsequent Docs picked up the name at an earlier point in time than the original. Then that would mean there is an even bigger story afoot, something I bet King Radical is involved with.
LaughingTarget
Lumberjack

Postby Steneub » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Re:21p04

So um... huh.
THE GREATEST SNACK OF ALL IS BITE SIZED TWIX AND I WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANOTHER FOOD BEFORE IT IF GIVEN THE OPTION
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby Ascension » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:22 pm

In the latest (Hortense breakup) page, does the good Doctor(al Student)'s long-sleeved (with rolled-up sleeves) button-front shirt transform into a short-sleeved polo shirt in the final panel? For that matter, we cut pretty quickly from child McNinja in his pajamas to his ninja gear. Clearly the timestream contamination is more serious than we first thought: It's affecting Doc's fashion sense! At this rate we'll get to the "present" and find that he's Surgeon McNinja and garbed in scrubs or something.
I am in fact male. Fancy that.
Ascension
Temple Guard

Postby Steneub » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:47 pm

:P I'll chalk that up to a further-away shot and the great Dr. Mcninja inking fiasco. I'm not reading much into it
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby Owen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Ascension wrote: Clearly the timestream contamination is more serious than we first thought: It's affecting Doc's fashion sense! At this rate we'll get to the "present" and find that he's Surgeon McNinja and garbed in scrubs or something.

Junior Radiologist McNinja.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)