February Discussion

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: February Discussion

Postby dexeron » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Next time one of my kids has a nightmare, I'm using the Dan McNinja parenting guide to deal with it.
---
Dexeron: keeping it smooth since 1974.
"Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again..."
dexeron
Lumberjack

Postby Hokieshibe » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:52 pm

"These are George Washington's tunnels, right? Does that mean Washington is a time traveler?"

Well we know Lincoln was at one point right? (he helped Chuck fight the T-Rex in that one scene where chuck was bouncing around... Army of One? Can't remember). I don't see why washington couldnt be too...
Hokieshibe
Temple Guard

Postby CheeseWhisper » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Who knows? Jefferson was.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Gunslinger

Postby Steneub » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: 21p03

And there it is!

It looks as if Doc's childhood (ok, not a child, :P ) closet has always emptied into the caves below Cumberland. Not all that surprising as the house is already inside the cave anyway.

Some questions!
1) Why doesn't adult Doc remember wandering into a cave and seeing himself?
2) When the two Docs see eachother, has young Doc traveled forward in time or has adult Doc traveled back in time?
2b) When is the pink fairy-dust portal? Is it a time-compression sort of thing? How does one get back to their own time after having been in proximity of this awful warp?
THE GREATEST SNACK OF ALL IS BITE SIZED TWIX AND I WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANOTHER FOOD BEFORE IT IF GIVEN THE OPTION
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby eastshore4 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 pm

I've been reading Dr. McNinja for about four years now, and I gotta say I really do not understand what's been going on from the ending of the last chapter to today's new page. "Only made you wait a year" before explaining what exactly? What's all this talk of a time portal? I think I need to pay more attention.
eastshore4
Temple Guard

Postby Owen » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:21 pm

You're not the only one who's confused. I'm hoping Dr Hastings isn't finished explaining yet!

That said, it's great to see this finally making an appearance again. Hopefully we'll be able to understand Radical's game a little more.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

Postby Steneub » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:32 pm

So far, this issue a flashback to Doc's younger years. A chrononaut is looking for Doc, but it seems he got the Doc a little earlier in his life than anticipated.

One possible answer to my question 1:
Adult Doc was seeing his younger self doing something before it happened causally. Adult Doc was watching the future, which is why he didn't remember it. It is new to Young Doc because he hadn't gotten old enough ride Sparklelord through the cave yet. I think it's time for another diagram for what I mean (yay!).

If the portal causes things in and around it to occupy the adjacent times and spaces, but centered in a "temporal position" between our Adult Doc and Kid Doc, they would pass near the portal at different times in their lives.

Edit: my paragraph before the image makes no sense now, but the one afterwards is closer to the way I understand it. What will really bake your noodle is space-time field the portal distorts is more than 2 dimensional like on the diagram, and is also moving, and changing shape! Wee!
Last edited by Steneub on Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GREATEST SNACK OF ALL IS BITE SIZED TWIX AND I WILL NEVER CHOOSE ANOTHER FOOD BEFORE IT IF GIVEN THE OPTION
Steneub
Lumberjack

Postby Smets » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 pm

eastshore4 wrote: "Only made you wait a year" before explaining what exactly?

Check out the link directly below the newest page.
Smets
Temple Guard

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Seeing as it took a year for him to explain that, it makes me wonder how far in advance does Hastings have scripts for? And how interconnected they all are. Or if he only has them a week or so in advance and just so happened to figure a way to cut that in.
I for one welcome our new computer overlords
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

Location: Amongst the thousands upon thousands of servers that are the entity that is my savior that is Google

Postby Owen » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:39 am

I'm guessing he has King Radical scripted already, as his plot has been sort of developing in the background of the last few issues. It seems like it's building to something - I couldn't tell you how far the rest of each issue is scripted, though. I'd be interested to hear.
Problem? Thoughts on how to improve the forum? Hit the suggestions thread!
Truth is stranger than fiction, strange is what I do...
Owen
A penguin who is also a ninja
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)