December Discussion Thread

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

Re: December Discussion Thread

Postby mikekearn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:53 am

We thrive on the extremely speculative here. That way, if you happen to guess right, you can go, "HA! I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU ALL! I CALLED IT AND YOU DIDN'T, HAHA HAHA HA HAAA!" Except maybe in a less insulting way, if you can manage.

That said, in response to your second question, perhaps the Nasaghasts know when someone is trying to take advantage of their protection, and won't protect someone who deserved it. Or the people who retaliate are simply smart enough to do so outside of mission control.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 pm

What is the range of the nasaghasts? Would they follow Doc into orbit to seek revenge, or if he steps out of the building, and onto the ship will they give up? Or just wait for him to return?
I for one welcome our new computer overlords
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

Location: Amongst the thousands upon thousands of servers that are the entity that is my savior that is Google

Postby phenomanomanomable » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:48 pm

I think the Nasaghasts can only defend the astronauts in the actual building itself... I don't think they'd be able to attack anyone who attacked an astronaut if that person is outside of the building.
I came here to drink milk, and kick ass... and I've just finished my milk.
phenomanomanomable
Temple Guard

Postby mikekearn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Darn untrustworthy ninjas, being all untrustworthy just to save the planet.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm

phenomanomanomable wrote: I don't think they'd be able to attack anyone who attacked an astronaut if that person is outside of the building.

So then sniping from afar is totally safe?
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

Location: Amongst the thousands upon thousands of servers that are the entity that is my savior that is Google

Postby Chuckles » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:23 am

Okay, well, here's some speculations. . . .

One, the Nasaghasts follow Doc out to space.

Two, the dinosaur scout will be turned into Barney.

Now, with that out of the way, may I point out that the best way to thwart the dinosaur invasion is NOT by blowing up the scout. The best way to thwart the dinosaur invasion is by sending back a really bad, convincing report. Something like, "Yes, I found Earth, but you wouldn't want to go there because they now have [insert awful thing here]. Here, let me show you. . . ."
Chuckles
Robot Bear

Postby kingtux » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:25 am

Well, my original post wasn't trying to predict what would happen, but various ways in which Dr. McNinja could cop out of death using logic alone. It originally did a breakdown point by point deconstruction of the rule explaining all of the potential flaws that could be exploited (and broke off into several branches), but it didn't go through (which is good, since it was probably waaay too detailed to begin with (I got through 16 or so different flaws within the rule, not including various branches)). The reason being that I think that there will be some cop-out involved involving the rule down the road, and if there is, I'd much rather have it be one of the harder to guess ways.

I also considered that the rule specifically could be interpreted as them being confined "to the center", but omitted that because I rushed out the second reply, and didn't think of it as being as likely of a copout to be used. There was another possibility as well, that the rule was ironclad enough that he can't escape the Nasghast's wrath, and would instead have to cheat death instead, but that can be ruled out as well because Hastings would probably get the criticism of repeating himself.
kingtux
Temple Guard

Postby LawCleaver » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Chuckles wrote:(snip) the best way to thwart the dinosaur invasion is NOT by blowing up the scout. The best way to thwart the dinosaur invasion is by sending back a really bad, convincing report. Something like, "Yes, I found Earth, but you wouldn't want to go there because they now have [insert awful thing here]. Here, let me show you. . . ."

And then they show the NASAGhasts, of course! The fiber-warhead turns them into GIANT SHEET GHOSTS! And they scare the dinosaurs away!
It always starts the same way. I am in the garden airing my terrapin Jetta when he walks past my gate, that mysterious man in black and white.
'Hello Doctor,' I say. 'What are you doing in Dusseldorf?'
LawCleaver
Witch Gorilla

Postby CheeseWhisper » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Is Doc speaking jive?

"I be de astronaut!"
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Gunslinger

Postby mistercow.pinoy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Why is Larry sitting on the floor in front of his desk?
mistercow.pinoy
Technologic
Doctor

PreviousNext

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)