July 2010 Discussion

Remember when your parents told you your dog got sent to a farm? This is that farm, except it's full of old monthly discussion threads.

July 2010 Discussion

Postby mikekearn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:11 am

Owen wrote:
mikekearn wrote:Is this the first time that the new thread both started on the first and the old thread wasn't posted in any time past the end of the month?

Quite likely. How about this - for Nick's birthday present I will open the new thread on time (my time, so it'll be early for those of you out in the US).

What? It could happen.

Okay, so it didn't quite happen, but in Owen's defense...
mistercow.pinoy wrote:DSP's vulture...

Nick was the first person to post in the June thread during July. All from the perspective of my timezone of course, but there it is.

On topic of the comic, though, Hastings tweeted that he's started doing the inking on the comic finally. I seem to remember him saying that Nedroid would stay until this issue finished, which probably means that it ends today or Monday. I'm not sure how far ahead they have pages done, but I doubt it's much further than that, given their occasional other mentions about the comic production.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Re: July 2010 Discussion

Postby Chuckles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am

I already miss Nedroid's inking, and this issue hasn't finished yet. . . . Hope he lands a job soon.

Back to Gordito, has anybody else noticed that Gordito keeps topping himself? Of course, after that last adventure where Sparklelord moved Doc's motorcycle helmet into the path of Gordito's bullet, he needed some accomplishment to regain his self-confidence. I guess singlehandedly taking out an entire airship of sky pirates will do. . . .
Chuckles
Robot Bear

Postby Stephen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:36 am

Nedroid doesn't ink, he colors, and as far as I know he'll continue to do the coloring in future issues. Kent Archer is the inker who is leaving.
Stephen
Temple Guard

Postby LawCleaver » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:49 am

Doctor Hastings earlier tweeted that he had a three week buffer; if he hasn't burned through it, there could be up to 9 (!) more pages in this story!

But I agree that this feels like a good point to wrap it up.
Last edited by LawCleaver on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It always starts the same way. I am in the garden airing my terrapin Jetta when he walks past my gate, that mysterious man in black and white.
'Hello Doctor,' I say. 'What are you doing in Dusseldorf?'
LawCleaver
Witch Gorilla

Postby mikekearn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:08 am

Stephen wrote:Nedroid doesn't ink, he colors, and as far as I know he'll continue to do the coloring in future issues. Kent Archer is the inker who is leaving.

Oh, right, my bad. I do tend to mix up names a lot.
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Postby Chuckles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:01 pm

mikekearn wrote:
Stephen wrote:Nedroid doesn't ink, he colors, and as far as I know he'll continue to do the coloring in future issues. Kent Archer is the inker who is leaving.

Oh, right, my bad. I do tend to mix up names a lot.

Hey, I picked up on your lead and followed right behind you. Sorry, I should have thought before I posted.
Chuckles
Robot Bear

Postby LawCleaver » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Today's strip was a surprise - I wasn't expecting to see Old pop up so soon.
That is, if this IS Old.
And what's he carrying on the strap across his back? What is he wearing, anyway?
It always starts the same way. I am in the garden airing my terrapin Jetta when he walks past my gate, that mysterious man in black and white.
LawCleaver
Witch Gorilla

Postby CheeseWhisper » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:58 pm

He's wearing farmer clothes.

Poor guy.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Gunslinger

Postby LawCleaver » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Why poor? He's alive; he knows his family is alive; he knows that his family is willing to meet with him (unless he thinks that's a trap, of course).
LawCleaver
Witch Gorilla

Postby CheeseWhisper » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Seriously, knowing what we know about Doc, Old, and this universe... how likely is he to walk in and join them? It seems highly unlikely.

Unless that's actually an ominous look on his face, and he's going to try to remove Doc and take his place...

Also, typo on the alt-text.
The Doctor McNinja Forums: From tiny spies to beef semen in 8 posts.
CheeseWhisper
Gunslinger

Next

Return to The McNinja Archives (Read Only)