It's been six years since my last post. What happened?

Anything unrelated to the comic, bring it on in here.

It's been six years since my last post. What happened?

Postby Camoninja » Wed May 04, 2016 8:32 am

Last time I was active on these forums, I was 14. And the community was great! I don't even remember why I left! I seem to recall being good friends with various other regulars. Hell, I'm still in the top 10 for most posts made on the board.

I'm 20 now, which seems crazy given the context, and this place is a damn ghost-town! Even the slowly encroaching spam bots seem half-hearted. Are there still any regulars that frequent this place? Anyone from back in the day still around? Judging from the spam, it seems like neither Owen nor any of the mods (Jenny, Michael, and Seamus) are around. I'm sad to see this place so empty, but I guess I'm kind of characteristic of its downfall, seeing as I basically disappeared without a trace :|

But in 2010, this place was intense! Although my memory is a little bit hazy, I seem to recall that Noir was basically a monumental achievement of collaborative storytelling. Unless I'm very much mistaken, Caiti (kt?) literally ELOPED with Rache, and I don't recall if I ever even heard from her again. That was back in the day when if you wanted to interact with someone outside of the forum, you added them on AIM. Crazy! And we had the thing where we made accounts that were evil versions of ourselves, and the chatbox (which still exists its just harder to find than I remember (!!)), and mistercow (I think) made me this kickin' signature.

Christ, and I'm an adult now.

Anyone around to read this?

:gordito
N.W.A.R.S.
Camoninja
Double Invisible
Doctor

Re: It's been six years since my last post. What happened?

Postby RACHE » Thu May 05, 2016 12:40 pm

So much craziness. Doesn't even seem like it's been so long. And I don't know what happened to you, but I sure as hell haven't adulted yet.
Neither rhyme nor reason will make us think the same.
You tell me I'm half crazy,
Well you're insane.
RACHE
Neptune! God of the Sea
Doctor

Postby RACHE » Wed May 11, 2016 7:23 am

Just giving the spark notes version of the past few years, starting with the aforementioned eloping with Caitisully that worked it's way to the nearly predictable dissolution of said relationship. After which I moved to the east coast to go to university. I took an English major with a Gealic minor, but had to change my minor to History after my Gealic professor took ill. During school I didn't really behave myself too well and had two pregnancy scares. One was a girlfriend, the other was the sister of a girlfriend. One turned out not to be mine, the other one was, but we unfortunately lost it. I moved back to my hometown to help my family. Ran into some old friends from high school. Made a couple of new friends and lost a couple (mostly to car accidents) and during all this got myself a few pretty awesome, new tattoos. Now I'm pretty much just trying to behave myself and make a living. This place was never too far from my mind, but it always seemed hard to come back for some reason. I miss playing Twisted Wishes and King of the Hill with people, not to mention The Noir.
Neither rhyme nor reason will make us think the same.
You tell me I'm half crazy,
Well you're insane.
RACHE
Neptune! God of the Sea
Doctor

Postby xkazzoo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 am

Oh my oh my, the years have come and gone haven't they? Feels not so long ago I stumbled along this nest of infectious dorks who I will always remember as the most welcoming and cheerful of unabashed nerds. :D

I've grown a lot, as I could only imagine you wonderful folks have. Currently I'm residing in Paradise, California looking to complete my Automotive Technology degree this fall. Life has been a wacky adventure for me so far and I can't wait to see what's next :)
If anybody's in the area and wishes to say hello feel free to find me on Facebook or Twitter. It would be wonderful to catch up!

This forum really was a great part of my life for a while there. The chats and games and our beloved Noir. Can't tell you how often I've thought about going back and finishing up that storyline haha. But life continues and things end and begin as always. I wish you guys the best of luck in your own adventures, party on!

-Frank Lombard (that guy with the mustache :roll: )
@poolshark758
N.W.A.R.S

May the power of mustache protect you.
xkazzoo
Curiously Oblivious
Ninja

Postby mikekearn » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 pm

It's been like 3 years since I last posted, I think? I like to skim the posts from time to time, but I reverted to lurker. :wowza

I'm glad the forum is still up, though. Even if I am way too busy to post regularly, just seeing people drop by now and again warms my robotic little heart. :clango
"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."

Spoiler:
Visit the orphateria.
I make these: Image
mikekearn
*bamf*
Batman

Return to The Forums Of Dr McGeneral Discussion